White Pages® News
Winter’s hottest fashion trends
June 18, 2012
As the mercury drops, it’s time to update your look with some of winter’s key warmers. Here to help navigate racks stuffed with chunky knits, faux fur vests and puffy jackets is an unusual fashion ally – White Pages® Online.
With shortcuts to popular services and the contact details of your favourite brands in one place, White Pages® Online can help you rock winter’s coolest trends and take the stress out of a change of season shopping spree.
Before you hit the stores, take stock of your fashion situation with a closet audit. While going through your clothes, you should create three piles: keep, donate and fix.
For everything that you keep, head down to your local discount department store or storage specialist to purchase proper hangers to keep shapes intact. Simply enter the details of your preferred retailer into White Pages® Online Business Search to get the address of your nearest store.
Donate any items you don’t want to a charity, such as White Pages® emergency relief partner the Salvation Army. Enquire about the nearest drop bin by getting the Salvos’ contacts off White Pages® Online Business Search and calling ahead.
Anything requiring a wash or stitch-up job can go to your local tailor and drycleaner. For future use, save their contact details in a White Pages® MyList for easy reference.
With your current wardrobe sorted, it’s time to start thinking about winter’s top trends. Matching a few key pieces with your classic basics is a budget-friendly way to start. But what is hot this season?
Five trends to keep your finger on the fashion pulse this winter are:
- Colour. Forget black-on-black, this winter has a summery vibe with pops of yellow, orange, pink and green. For a restrained take on the trend, add a vibrant scarf to your winter uniform of dark colours. The more adventurous can don some rainbow coloured jeans.
- Ankle boots. Show some jean-clad leg this winter with a cute bootie and short heel. The hottest colours are black and tan in good quality leather or stylish suede. Dress down your boot with a wooden heel, or style up your look with a sexy spike.
- Peplum. What-lum? The dictionary says it’s a short, flared, gathered piece of material attached at the waist of a jacket, dress or top. Fashion says it’s hot, as does Kate Middleton, who was recently spotted sporting the trend.
- Lace. No longer limited to black, lace this winter is demure, ladylike and available in whites, creams and pretty pastels.
- Alpine. Head for the hills Heidi style, with Swiss-inspired merino wool knits, shearling coats and ski-style wintery prints. Think chunky knits in whites and creams and cute beanies with pompoms.
With so many diverse trends to consider, head online and formulate a plan of attack. Access leading brands and retailers with White Pages® simple Shopping shortcut.
Alternatively, enter the details of your favourite retailer into White Pages® Online Business Search to find a link to its website and shortlist a few key items. Check the opening hours while you’re here.
When you hit the stores, don’t get overwhelmed. Download the White Pages® app for handy maps so you can share your location with the girls and get their opinion on your potential purchases.
While White Pages® can’t tell you how good you look in your new threads, it can be a great shopping companion this winter, taking the trouble out of planning a whole new look.